Re: [TowerTalk] Isoloop Packing

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Isoloop Packing
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 09:36:36 -0500
At 06:34 AM 1/23/04 -0800, Jim Lux wrote:
I just ran a quick calculation on the UPS web site to ship a 20 pound box,
45x45x8 inches from Los Angeles to NY.  $115 by UPS ground, and they did
calculate by dimensional weight (80 pounds!) plus the oversize surcharge.

Dimensional weight (pounds) = L * W * H / 194

And the trouble, if I recall correctly, is that the Isoloop radiator is welded to the tuning capacitor to reduce losses, so taking it apart would not be possible.

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database
Updated 9 Jan 04
www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm