Re: [TowerTalk] A new (?) tower design

To: "Alan Beagley" <AB2OS@att.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A new (?) tower design
From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 09:06:16 -0000
This is the old VK4VKD operation - has been around for a number of years in
Oz. Nice new factory photos - looks like the guy is going bigtime. Quite a
few magazine articles in various international mags over the years, back to
1986. Started in his shed. He even used to sell a video of how to make them,
though it looks as if the design has come on a lot since then. I have
emailed him in the past - was very helpful though has a reputation of not
'suffering fools gladly', so don't flood the guy the silly emails. His old
webpages have listed users as VK4MR, VK4CWT, VK4FM, VK4ISA, VK4CPM, VK4AML -
you could try emailing them for opinions.

Note that on his 'Where One-Man Towers are built' page, there is a link to
an engineer's report:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~aeitower/15mOMTEP.htm

there is also a useful 'must-see' page showing a large number of photos of
tower erecting.
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~aeitower/erecting.htm

Caveat: I give no opinion on the towers themselves, as I don't have one, and
am not qualified to pass judgement even if I did.

73s Tim EI8IC
www.qsl.net/ei8ic
The home of the Global Overlay Mapper
Read the Dec'03 QST review online.