RE: [TowerTalk] A new (?) tower design

To: <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] A new (?) tower design
From: "John ( N5BSD )" <n5bsd@rblprd.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:08:06 -0600
He is climbing the Main.
Attaching the pulley wires is the give away.
Wouldn't make much sense to attach the SUPPORTING Wire to a section that
is being supported my the trolley that is being supported BY the cable.
Not to mention that I think it would be a bit difficult to pull off (Pun
intended)

And the pricing is a bit stiff
But from what I have seen, the price of the tower AND the hazer is
rather stiff as well. This is an e-mail snippet from them

Ron,WB6MSS, and I are reducing our inventory.  We have 33, 41.4, and 50
foot towers.  Discounted prices of $1895, 2195, and 2495, respectively.

<And normal pricing>
Price list, effective Dec. 1, 2003

All Prices in US Dollars

Shipping charges not included

33 ft. (10-mtr)   $2828
---------------------
41.4 ft (12.5-mtr)  $3233
---------------------
49.7 ft (15-mtr)    $3773
---------------------
58 ft. (17.5-mtr)   $4313
---------------------
66.3 ft (20-mtr)    $4853
---------------------
74.5 ft. (22.5mtr)  $6203
Special order
---------------------
82.8 ft (25-mtr)    $7283
Special order
----------------------
Add $938 for the optional electric winch.

Purchases subject to applicable sales taxes.

Purchases may be subject to duties for deliveries outside the US.

Prices subject to change at any time.

NOTES:
1. Actual tower height is to the top of the mast which holds the
antenna. For example, a 10-meter tower consists of three 2.5-meter tower
sections, plus the mast, making a total height of 10 meters. 2. The
buyer is responsible for obtaining all local or county building and
tower permits. 3. The buyer is responsible for removing the tower from
the freight truck (if applicable) when it is delivered. The weight of
each tower section ranges from about 170 pounds to about 270 pounds.
Please arrange for help in off-loading.  You will need a tool to cut the
steel strap which binds the load. 4. Towers are drop-shipped from
Australia to the most practical U.S. Port of Entry nearest you. You may
have your tower shipped from the designated Port of Entry, but we
suggest that you pick up your tower at the designated Port Of Entry.

73
John
N5BSD / NNN0OYH
ARRL NTS ORS NTX Digital