Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Control Box on Ebay

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"GALE STEWARD" <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotator Control Box on Ebay
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:42:43 -0500
Looks nice.  I don't think it's a Telrex, at least it's quite different than
the Telrex one that's here on my desk, which isn't a flat-front front panel,
but has its dial on the top, with 15-20 degrees slant on it, and the "compass
rose" look on the Telrex is different than this one, and says Telrex clearly on
it, in the compass rose.  The E-Bay one may be a really nice homebrew one for a
prop pitch.  Just a guess.  That it doesn't have a brand name on it seems odd
if it's commercial.  It's in a Collins-style cabinet, Collins gray, not
Heathkit green, which I think have been popular cabinets to homebrew stuff in
-- I have one around here with antenna switches in it.

73 - Rich, KE3Q