Re: [TowerTalk] Comparison between Tailtwister and Yaesu G-1000SDXrotors

To: "Charles Johnson" <k4zrj@mindspring.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Comparison between Tailtwister and Yaesu G-1000SDXrotors
From: "Frank Mayer" <domino@worldlynx.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 12:56:34 -0500
My vote goes to the Yaesu.  I used to use a Tailtwister with a Mosely Pro-67B
and a month after I installed it the position meter in the control box would
jump all around due to a bad position pot in the rotor.  I didn't like the
stupid brake setup either.  The design is rather outdated in my opinion.   The
Yaesu is much faster, lighter, has the preset feature and can rotate 450
degrees.   The 1000 has been turning a Force12 C-36XR now for 4 years here in
New Jersey with no problems.
Frank WY3D