[TowerTalk] steppir radio interface

To: <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>, "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] steppir radio interface
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:23:59 -0000

The SteppIR radio interface is a $65 option.  One click on the callout
in DX4win, and the radio, amp and antenna all go to frequency.

The antenna follows the radio commands.

What I'm contemplating is an adjustable height, motorized,
tubular tower, to 75'.  A PIC controller could set the tower
height for 1 wavelength, or half wavelength, or manually
tuneable, as desired.

BUT...one must walk before running.  I'll be glad to get the
bloody tower up and motorized next Summer.

Jim Jarvis, N2EA
jimjarvis@ieee.org