Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir tuning noise
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:53:10 EST
In a message dated 2/20/04 8:55:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jimlux@earthlink.net writes:

> >>Pulses with fast edges and ringing.  Could easily have noticeable
> spectrum
> up into HF, especially since it's fairly high power, and it's coupled pretty
> well to the feed line (capacitance from windings to element, if nothing
> else)<<

I am surprised that they would live with noise generated by the drive system.

There should be no capacitive coupling between windings and elements.
Windings are completely enclosed. By using shielded cables the crosstalk
between the
cables should be minimized. I have not seen SteppIR antennas, so just
speculating and surprised that was not eliminated.

Yuri, K3BU