Re: [TowerTalk] Quickly releasable knot

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Quickly releasable knot
From: Fred Roberts <w6tkv@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:00:27 -0800
Pete-

When I read your query, I checked on Google using the word "knots".  I
was surprised to find the first site listed was titled "Knots on the
Web", a 35 page compilation of books, videos, et al - certainly the most
complete reference I can imagine.
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/knotlink.htm

The most interesting thing to me, however, was that this listing had
been compiled by Peter Suber in the Department of Philosophy at Earlham
College in Richmond, Indiana - astonishing because one of my daughters
graduated from Earlham ~25 years ago, at that time a small but great
college.  (One of the professors suggested she apply to teach English at
a Japanese school which had a relationship with Earlham, so she did and
taught in Utsonomya for 3 years.  She now teaches Japanese at a Seattle
High School, and has been back to Japan with some of her students on a
couple of occasions.

Anyway, this reference is one that should answer all of the questions
you ever thought about with knots.

73-
Fred, W6TKV