RE: [TowerTalk] best boots or shoes to wear in towers.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] best boots or shoes to wear in towers.
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 23:13:18 -0000
I like a relatively short top boot, maybe 6" high.  The important part
is that it must have a steel shank and thick non-slip sole.  A good
notch between the heel and ball helps to stand on rungs better.  steel
toes are a mixed blessing, they can be good if you wedge your toe in an
angle and don't want to get pinched, but they can make it harder to fit
in narrow openings.  Padded ankles are also nice.  I have been using a
single pair of 'Iron Age' boots for years, that is the only thing I use
them for as they are so good for it.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net