Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Multi band Antenna

To: dan r goddard <cqki8fh@juno.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Multi band Antenna
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:58:05 -0500
At 08:21 AM 3/12/04 -0500, dan r goddard wrote:
Most, if not all of the emails I have received about which Force 12 multi
band antenna (40-10 meters ) I should buy,  express their concern about
have many problems getting the 40 meter portion of the antenna adjusted
for the lowest SWR.  Some said they never did get it adjusted and junked
the antenna.  This certainly would not be a selling point for the buying
of the antenna.  One said, if I had to have a Force 12 multi band antenna
buy the C-4SXL.  Another said buy anything else but Force 12 multi band
antenna.  Another said some swear by them and others swear at them.  I
really don't know what direction to go.

My note about the wire-loaded 40m elements expressed concern about getting the resonant frequencies of the elements adjusted to afford best gain and pattern. 40m SWR with the C-4XL/C-4SXL antennas is rarely an issue because you can readily adjust the hairpin matching coil from the tower due to the placement of the driven elements, and low SWR is readily attainable.

73, Pete N4ZR Check out the World HF Contest Station Database Updated 8 Mar 04 -- 2671 stations listed www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm