Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Multi band Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "dan r goddard" <cqki8fh@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Multi band Antenna
From: "Mark Potter" <jbpmlp@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 18:38:14 -0600
I have a Force 12 C4-SXL and have been pleased with the results for about 4
years now.  I bought the beefed up model for 100 mph and it is at the 101'
level on a Rohn SSV self supporting tower. The 10/15/20 monobanders work
well and the 40 works fine.  If you just want 10/15/20, go to a dedicated
tribander.  If you want 40 also - all 4 bands on a single boom, the C4SXL is
the way to go.  I am normally towards the top of the pile on 40, but don't
do as well on the other bands, since the elements are closely spaced - (C-3S
boom is only 12').  I have a WARC band rotable dipole above the C4-SXL.

The 40 meter beam has a very high Q.  Mine turned out resonant at 6990.  The
SWR goes higher than 2:1 above 7040.  As I am a CW op, so that is ok, but
must use a tuner for the fone band. It is a real pain to take it down, make
changes and put it back up again.

No problems on SWR adjusting on any of the bands.  Just follow the factory
suggestions.

Ideal would be two beams - one for 40 and the other for 10/15/20.  Maybe I
will go that way when the solar cycle starts coming back up in 2007.

Mark  W9UZ near Chicago