Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir VS UV Light

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Steppir VS UV Light
From: Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 <faunt@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:27:36 -0500 (EST)
I suspect that this is one of those case where actually asking the
manufacturer might be useful.

It'd also be useful to paint the antenna to make it less visually
obtrusive.

73, doug

   From: "Kevin Adam" <n9iww2@verizon.net>
   Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:16:40 -0500

   You want to turn a good antenna into a dummy load if painted with the wrong
   paint the color is put in the fiber glass when it's made called pigment
   coloring. Thats what protects fiberglass from UV check out the corvette it's
   all fiberglass.