Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning resuscitation

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lightning resuscitation
From: doc kd4e <kd4e@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:12:51 -0500
On your nursing home example I can only speculate that it might depend on the

degree or charge or current being "experienced" and how fast it was dissipated, before the permanent damage to certain organs would result. Maybe if they were "buried", they could have been spared of permanent damage.

Yuri, K3BU.us

As I recall the best medical procedure is to apply traditional
resuscitation followed by several days (min) of artificial
ventilation.

This has been documented to produce the best results in
long term health and recovery.

There are a number of speculations why, assisting the
system to rebuild from the insult, etc.

--
73, doc  kd4e
West Central Florida