Re: [TowerTalk] CC&Rs

To: Jim Miller <JimMiller@STL-Online.Net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] CC&Rs
From: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:44:37 -0800
I USED to live in a HOA/CC&R prison where the BOD would change the rules and
regs when ever they saw fit.  CC&R's are hard to change, Rules and regs can be
changed at anytime by the BOD.
When you try to fight it you are told these are the people you elected to the
BOD to make these rules for you.  I broke one of their new rules once, (left my
R/V more than 2 hours in front
of my house) got a written warning notice, ignored it, got a $25 fine, paid it,
then took the whole damn BOD to small claims court to get my $25 fine returned.
 They all lost a day of work,
had to return my fine and pay my court costs.

Jim Miller wrote:

> I just don't understand why I can be held to a new rule that is made up
> possibly after I do something that wasn't there when I moved in.  The rules
> as they were when I moved in, I would think is what it is that I supposedly
> agreed to, NOT whatever they decide to add later.
>
> (My CC&Rs don't appear to have any included provisions to add rules whenever
> the HOA board thinks they want to.)
>
> 73, de Jim KG0KP

                                     Alan Zack
                     Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
                         Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
          Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
                               SEMPER PARATUS