[TowerTalk] Warning Covers for Guy Wires

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Warning Covers for Guy Wires
From: "NABEREZNY JOHN" <John_WE2F@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:47:28 -0400
Hi Folks,
   for a few years now I have been using beige colored shower curtain rod
covers over my guy wire so deer and people don't walk into them, and they have
held up to the UV and the cold.  The only thing I have noticed is the ice
sliding down the guy seems to have damaged the top and bottom a little. I think
a little Scotch 33 will take care of this problem.
   I have taken them all off and I am going to spray them red with a new paint
from Krylon that is suppose to adhere to plastics. When it dries I will paint
it yellow and put them back on the guys.
    These tubes are ant $1.20 each, but you don't have to do a thing but put
them on the wire. Paint them if you want.
    73, John WE2F