RE: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please

To: <keith@dutson.net>, <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please
From: "Joe Subich, K4IK" <k4ik@subich.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:31:00 -0400

> You obviously have never drilled out a rivet.

Believe me, I have drilled out rivets, separated seized
element tubes, and waited weeks for an antenna manufacturer
to do a "run" of a specially swaged element section or a
bracket used only in one antenna.

> You also do not seem to care about the need to climb
> your tower to do repairs on your antenna.  And, finally,
> you must have little to no experience with construction or
> durability of the C-4XL.

I have climbed many a tower to do repairs ... however the
SteppIR has an excellent record of reliability.  The first
ever unit was in daily service for three years with zero
failures until its owner took it down a few weeks ago to
move it.  SteppIR antennas have had far fewer problems than
the linear loading and "helical hairpin" failure in C4
variants.

> I was being sincere, not sarcastic.

As am I ... Force12 advocates always raise the "moving
part" red herring with the SteppIR but ignore the often
reported mechanical issues and tune-up problems with
Force12's antennas.

73,

   ... Joe, K4IK