Re: [TowerTalk] Actual LP Performance vs Tribanders

To: "hasan Schiers" <schiers@netins.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Actual LP Performance vs Tribanders
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:02:39 +0000
Together with Jim, SM2EKM I have recently done some testing of f/b on my
stack of TH7DX's.

The f/b on the single TH7DX tribander over a wide frequency range is
essentially the same. The difference over 300-500 khz is only 2 db at the
most. We tested at every 100 khz going from the bottom band edge to the top
band edge, except on 10 mtrs where we went from 28.000-28.600.

The distance between the two stations is about 30 km and the ground is
almost flat. We have ground wave all the time.

Front/back on the single top yagi was best on 20 m, abt 17-18 db but
improved about 3db when I switched to the stack. On 15 and 10 mtrs the f/b
is about 15 db and there is not much difference when I switch to the stack.

Of course, when operating normally and sky wave is involved f/b differs
quite a lot depending on the incoming angle of the station I am hearing.
Sometimes I see >25db and other times less than the nominal 15-18 db.

73/Peter SM2CEW