Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Floating Ground Steel Building?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Floating Ground Steel Building?
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 18:58:50 -0400
I'm not a concrete expert but I think that the concrete stays moist for most of
its life.
Cheers, Steve     K7LXC

I understand that the concrete in the Hoover Dam is still curing!
Imagine hw many centuries it will be before the concrete in the new massive Chinese dam cures?

I guess I am being confused by the differing descriptions of
how a UFER ground actually works.

Is the essential idea that the lightning energy is so well distributed
across the rebar within the slab that it slowly bleeds-off through the
moisture in the concrete and dissipates?

Does this then mean that as the concrete cures the UFER ground becomes incrementally less and less efficient? Also, is a UFER ground in a highly sandy and excellent-drainage locale such as ours on a rise here in West Central Florida also likely to be less efficient than within
a different soil type and locale?

It is best that I worry about grounding issue now before we break
ground in a few weeks!

73, doc kd4e