Re: [TowerTalk] Update to Revocation of Tower Permit

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "N6KJ" <kelly@thejohnsons.ws>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Update to Revocation of Tower Permit
From: "Tower (K8RI)" <tower@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 01:54:21 -0400

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:23:53 -0500, Phil Camera wrote:
>

> > I would say that whatever the neighbors wanted to do to screen the tower
> > on their land would be fine with me.
> > After a while, no one even "sees" the tower and most lose interest.  Let
> > them do whatever they want and I wouldn't
> > change a thing on my side.  Phil  KB9CRY
> >

> Just out of curiosity...how long do you think it takes before neighbors
> no longer "see" the tower and lose interest :-)

It depends on the individual.
Most, with a little diplomacy used to gease the skids will probably forget
within a few months, but once in a while you run into a rabid fanatic who
takes their initial failure as a personal defeat and will make it their
primary goal to blame every thing in the neighborhood on "that tower".
You only have to read alt.activism.noise.pollution to see this kind of
personality.  Fortunately they are relatively rare.

Other than my one neighbor who was looking at the tower when it was hit by
lightning, I think most in the neighborhood no longer notice it.  No one
ever mentions it.

> I'd love to know what they put in that 1.5 inch think book :-)

You know that old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle
them with ....." It was most likely just copy of all the text from those
pages with very little substance or applicable to the actual site.

N833R, World's Oldest Debonair (S# CD-2)
www.rogerhalstead.com