Re: [TowerTalk] that 70' limit

To: w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick),towertalk@contesting.com ("TowerTalk List")
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] that 70' limit
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:38:58 -0400
In a message dated 7/21/2004 6:59:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "FireBrick"
<w9ol@billnjudy.com> writes:

>I wouldn't worry a whole lot about a few extra feet.
>If they are giving you 70' total, That's pretty good and I'm willing to bet no
>one is
>going to climb up there to drop a tape measure.

Actually the City of San Jose sent some guys out with a transit TWICE to
measure K6KR's tower to make sure it didn't exceed the limit.

And with laser transits common these days, it's pretty easy to get the exact
height from the ground.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH