Re: [TowerTalk] How much concrete?

To: "Clary, Steve" <Steve_Clary@URMC.Rochester.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How much concrete?
From: jtuel@everestkc.net
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:38:04 -0500
Universal towers are pretty easy to deal with.  I just put up a 40 footer
almost by myself.

First, the ammount of concrete depends on the size of the base that comes with
the tower.  I'm sure that for a 70 ft tower you will be using a 26 inch base
and at Universal's web page (www.universaltowers.com) it states that you would
need:

4 cu. yd. concrete in a 4 1/2' x 4 1/2' x 5' deep hole.

When you are ready to pour the concrete, all just bolt the first 10ft section
to the base and set it in the hole.  After you pour, you will have time to
adjust the tower with a level to make sure it's plumb.  I was very worried
about that also, but it turned out quite easy.

Any other questions, let me know.   Like I said, I just did it.

Josh - KB0GUS