Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Torque Bar confusion

To: <kr7x@comcast.net>, <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn Torque Bar confusion
From: <kk9a@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:52:03 -0000
Thanks Hank

I didn't really understand this until I drew a top view of a tower in
AutoCAD.  It was then easy to see that the torque arm offers little
resistance, since it's in line with the guy and that the six point system
offers considerably more torque resistance.  I installed a six point torque
system on my 160' Rohn 65G tower and it made a noticeable improvement in
reducing the twisting of my tower.   I wonder if twisting significantly
degrades tower survival in strong winds.  Since rotating towers cannot have
torque systems, are they weaker than standard towers?

73,
John  KK9A  P40A