Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops

To: RICHARD BOYD <ke3q@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loops
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 10:24:17 -0400
Although I've never owned a a horizontal loop, the scuttlebutt I've heard over the years has been they're pretty good for DX on the low bands. They must have been high...I guess.

73, Joe

RICHARD BOYD wrote:

Many people who have horizontal loops have them low, which is thought to be good for a big signal close-in -- some of us have experienced having trouble working close-in stations with antennas that are high -- but a horizontal loop that's at least a half wavelength up should work fine for DX, and I expect will be "quieter" (less QRN reception) than other antennas, at least in some conditions. 73 - Rich, KE3Q

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Makins, EI8IC" <contesting@eircom.net>