[TowerTalk] KLM?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM?
From: "R March" <n7ua@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:27:05 -0700
I am re-building a KLM 6 el 20 and  4 el 40M KLM beams.  KLM has been
referred to as "Keep Losing Metal"  Fortunately my antennas have not lost
any metal yet, but I wanted to ask the collective experience of those that
have had KLMs what the principle mode of failures have been.  I know about
the center insulators, for which DX engineering has some replacements, but
what about element fatigue or any other problems that I can fix while I have
these on the ground.  Thanks  Bob.