[TowerTalk] Tower Suggestions???

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Suggestions???
From: K0PYK <k0pyk@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:44:57 -0700 (PDT)
TowerTalk,

I would like a recommendation on a crankup or tilt-over tower or similiar idea
for the home qth. I purchased a Explorer 14 Beam and rotor from another ham.
Part of the deal was that I take it down. It was a good experience climbing the
tower and removing the beam, mast and  2 meter vertical. A local ham kindly
donated his tower climbing equipment, which definately made the job easier.
Things went real smooth for my first time. The reason for my question is that I
just turned 50 and the thought of continually climbing a tower to make
changes...that is, as I get older, there needs to be a easier, safer, way. I
surely don't relish the thought of doing this when I am 60+. Curious as to your
thoughts.

Tom, K0PYK