[TowerTalk] CATV Hardline As Elements

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] CATV Hardline As Elements
From: N4CW@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:24:09 EDT
Being financially "challenged" and not having any reasonable sources of
aluminum for antenna experimenting, I thought of using CATV hardline as
elements
(on perhaps a 6- or 10-meter yagi). I've got some 7/8" that I can use. It's
fairly rigid in short lengths.
Has this been tried before? Successfully?
If not, what are some potential problems? I just plan to ignore the center
conductor in the parasitic elements (but, I have thought of feeding the center
conductor in the driven element and allowing capacitive coupling to the
aluminum outer shield to transfer the r.f. with little loss.)
Thoughts and advice are appreciated.
Bert, N4CW/1