[TowerTalk] Tower Calcs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Calcs
From: <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:30:02 -0400
Wow Hank
     The engineers are sure taking a beating on this one!Taking into fact that
not all municipalities use the same code,it becomes cost prohibitive to have
drawings for everyone.Some states have different requirments for different
parts of the state.Ain't Florida grand!Even if you have been doing this work
for years there is always a hiccup somewhere in the process.We used to say the
measure of the man is not how big the problem is it's how much it costs to fix
it.Now the code can be written word for word in every state but that doesn't
mean it's interprited the same.Change the code every 3 years and you can't get
agreement out of 50% of people and then a new code shows up!What a system.If
you want to play the game you have to know the rules,or someone who does even
better.Do a  budget before you start anything.Then have about $2,000.00 on the
side cause your gonna need it some where.When I bought my house we closed in
October.3 days before closing the bank came back and said
  that 3 months taxes in escrow was not enough.we need a whole extra year for
the deal to be done.Now I knew this would happen sooner or later and we had the
extra cash set aside just for this,but it sure felt like getting bent over with
a line starting to form.I just built a 35' Rohn 45G with a Force12 C3S/HH.That
HH is for 140MPH wind load calcs.When I got it all done it came out to about
$200.00 a foot for the installation.$250.00 for plans don't sound so bad at
this point.

                  Joe K4XZ

JOE PATRICK
SENIOR PLUMBING/MECHANICAL