[TowerTalk] new installation.. request advice

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] new installation.. request advice
From: dx <sat188@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 17:58:59 -0500
Hi all..  Probably this has been asked a trillion times, but

I seem to have dibs on an available standing tower..  used, but not much.
Right now, I have a 56' Delhi, with an A4S on top, and have been thinking about
up-building.

The new (to me) tower .. the current owner has no specs on it at all.  It looks
Trylon to me, or similar, it's only been used for one of those p-to-p data
links, for maybe two years, and the new guy (school, who's elected to go with
fiber backbone) wants it gone, so I can get it fairly inexpensively..  $$ is an
issue in this whole possible project.

It appears, at first guess, to be 102' tall, 64" across at bottom, maybe 18" at
top.

I'd like to move the A4S and maybe add 2-el 40m to it, I have the space (and
insurance), and most other necessary resources, but I've never done anything of
this magnitude before.

Someone here who can 1:1 me through planning this?  Please advise!  This is not
a short-term..  might not be constructed 'til autumn of '05, but gotta plan.

If it ain't gonna work, then it's for sale.  But, it's in Winnipeg.

derrick
VE4VV