Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete anchors

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete anchors
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:13:40 EDT
According to my Rohn book, the angle on the rod coming out of the ground
will vary between 36 and 42 degrees, depending on the height of the tower and
the amount of guys.  Unless you are extremely anal about these things, I  would
aim for 39 and be happy.  I doubt the average ham would be able to  measure it
all that closely anyway.  The damn things usually bend a little  anyway when
you tighten the guys.

I prop up the rod on the anchor with a piece of 2x4 where it comes out of
the ground to keep it at the right angle.  When pouring the concrete I  usually
push the end around in the concrete a little to eliminate any air  pockets.
Unless your mud has been traveling around town for a couple of  hours, it
should not be stiff and you will have lots of time to set the angle up  right.

Bill K4XS