Re: [TowerTalk] Re: gain specifications (was CobWebb antennas)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, <corneliuspaul@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: gain specifications (was CobWebb antennas)
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 05:27:15 -0700
Fortunately, we have very good computer modeling tools
these days, Con, so it is much harder to fool the consumer
if he is doing his homework (at least when it comes to
antennas that lend themselves to accurate modeling - some
don't). Still, however, the snake oil salesman continue to
pedal their wares. They know that there is a bottomless pit
of uninformed newcomers who don't know any better. And
so it goes.