Re: [TowerTalk] YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN ADDED TO MY WHITE LIST

To: tom.dixon@xtra.co.nz, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN ADDED TO MY WHITE LIST
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:28:57 -0500

Tom- MY OPINION- White lists cause more trouble than they solve.
If someone that I have not pre-approved (because I have not heard from them before) wants to send me a message- how do they do it? They can't, under the White list system. I have had the answer that the rejects are stored for periodic review- This is idiotic, because it just puts the review time off for a while; I still have to look for possible goodies. In addition, it is an insult to valid potential correspondents, or, at least, delays their contact.
I know that SPAM is a real, BAD problem, but the "White List", like the "Black List" implemented by automated or semi-automated means, are also BAD.
Bill