RE: [TowerTalk] YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN ADDED TO MY WHITE LIST

To: "tom.dixon" <tom.dixon@xtra.co.nz>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS HAS BEEN ADDED TO MY WHITE LIST
From: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:55:51 -0500

Tom- One of the conflicting flaws in the current system is the interaction of the TowerTalk list defaults with the "WhiteList" system. With the default of Towertalks Reply to send only to the sender, the "one-shot" action of putting the whole of TowerTalk on your list was only partly valid. It works OK for things sent back to the list, but reply posts on the default setting get stopped. Of course, this is a problem only for replies to you.
I wish I knew of a good system. I have a program called "Spamnix" that does some good, and I have a private, personal "black list" (no automation, so it is some work), but the use of lying names ruins that.
BTW- some of the other features of that program sound pretty good- I intend to look into it.

Bill