Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband Internet Service Letter

To: Byron Tatum <bjtatum@ev1.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadband Internet Service Letter
From: David Martin <dlmarti@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:42:05 -0400
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:52:40 -0500, Byron Tatum <bjtatum@ev1.net> wrote:
> Hello-
>     I received a letter from an un-identified company in my area { Alvin, TX}
> titled a " Feasibility Survey", regarding my interest { as a rural potential
> customer } in high speed broadband internet service. They describe the
> service as " a small antenna at my house and a broadcast tower a short
> distance away". Is this the broadband over power lines type affair that we
> have all been opposing? I wonder why the company does not identify
> themselves?? The return address is a local post office box.

Most likely this is a feasibility study for 802.16 or 802.20.
Several studies are going on right now concerning these technologies.
Here is a link for more info:
http://nwc.mobilepipeline.com/specwatch/80216.jhtml

Unlike BPL or 802.11, this is a licensed technology.
In otherwords; 802.16/20 is our friend....  ;>

--
David L. Martin
Roving: dlmarti@gmail.com