[TowerTalk] Re: [Array-user] I.C.E. Products waterproofing

To: "Alan C. Zack" <k7acz@cox.net>, Array-user@arraysolutions.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Array-user] I.C.E. Products waterproofing
From: Charles Johnson <k4zrj@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:32:19 -0500 (EST)
All,
A further issue with these ICE coax suppressors is that the box itself is not
waterproof. I have three of them and they are built using a one piece solid box
(rectangular aluminun) with a top and bottom plate with four screws holding the
assembly together. None of these parts are waterproofed and they DO leak if
exposed to the elements.
I solved the moisture issue by disassembling them and running a bead of silicon
caulk around all mating surfaces. A bit messy, but it works.

As for the actual connectors, many layers of electrical tape have always worked
for me on coax connectors, and several coats of a weatherproofing spray have
worked pretty well on rotor cable conections.

73, Charles, K4ZRJ