[TowerTalk] ICE 419A Combination Bandpass Filter 10M Section Blown

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ICE 419A Combination Bandpass Filter 10M Section Blown
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:39:57 -0600
Subject says it all.  VSWR went to 5 at some point during operation of
VP8WWW.  The filter box was set to 10 meters and connected to a trapped
vertical and Kenwood 480HX.  Transceiver was set to 200 watts CW on 10
meters.  We were using two boxes and switched them.  About an hour later the
second box did the same thing.

I read the manual.  It states the unit is rated at 200 watts.  I am guessing
that is for SSB rather than CW.  Anyone else experience this problem?

Each filter section apparently consists of a simple coil and two caps in T
configuration.  This is only an observation as I do not have a schematic.  I
would like to beef up the capacity and assume this might be done with higher
voltage caps.

Keith NM5G