Re: [TowerTalk] RE: Rusty tower

To: k0hy@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RE: Rusty tower
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:06:43 EST
Is it safe to trust a rusty tower?  Not sure I would want to climb a
tower with rust.  I sent over 300 feet of 25G to be recycled because of
rust.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is rust and there is RUST!

Light surface rust on the rungs of Rohn 65 is a lot different from rotted out
Rohn 25. The first is a tower that could be used safely for another 20 years
in a normal climate.  The second is widely used in CB applications.

Common sense rules in buying and erecting tower with rust.

Bill