Re: [TowerTalk] Pulling wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pulling wire
From: "Marc Wullaert" <marc.wullaert3@pandora.be>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 21:39:13 +0100
My experience:

Several years a go I put a big plastic pipe (8inch dia) under the house to
the towers.
There are several coax'es 7/8 in them ,and a lot of controlwires.Those pipes
came out at
the towers and coax'es en control wires (rotor -switching) moving up at
thetower.
2 years ago I chanced the whole antenna system and placed kabinets at each
tower.
When I toke all the cabels out the pipes most off controlwires where
strangled around coax
and others wires.A lot off work.
I have now taped 2 control wires at 1 coax and vica versa.Yes I had some
spare coax and controlwires
so putt it  all in.I'f something go wrong a have another control cable.And
if something wrong with a
coax (I dont think for the first 20years) I can easely checked with the
labels and remove them easely.

for pull rope I use a small SS cable.Making a plan off all wires and label
them.Very easy even in the dark
O yes "I have lights in the cabinets"
marc on4ma