Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Conundrum
From: "Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS)" <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:49:04 -0500
I've compared the specs. and prices of Trylon and AN Wireless towers (at least the light-duty ones for each brand) and found the prices to be similar for similar heights and wind loading. But when I consider that

1. The advertised height of the Trylon includes the 8ft. pipe (supplied), whereas the advertised height of the AN Wireless one is the height of the tower itself.

2. The fact that the AN Wireless wind loading specs. already allow for the antenna to be located on a mast 10' higher than the tower itself.

3. The far better calcs. that are available for the AN Wireless towers,

AN Wireless is a hands-down winner.

Alan NV8A
(no tower yet, but intending to buy a 60' AN Wireless tower to put up in the spring)

On 01/12/05 05:54 pm Bill Powell tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

So far, the AN looks very nice but the advertised price is simply outta the ball-park. Trylon just doesn't turn me on with their construction and complete lack of pre-sales technical
data.