RE: [TowerTalk] There's 'ground', and then there's 'ground'

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] There's 'ground', and then there's 'ground'
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:13:08 -0600
Now this is the most plausible explanation seen so far.  Basically it seems
that there is no valid reason to have measured evidence if one follows sound
engineering practice.  Makes perfect sense to me.  Think I will replace the
braid with copper strap.

Tom, thanks for posting.  And thanks to Frank for bringing up this issue.

As a side note, I went back to the Harger site which lists tinned copper
braid as one of their grounding strap options.  All of their braid is flat
and tightly woven (not the flattened coax shield found at most vendors),
very heavy gauge, and is bonded to special sandwich type lugs to keep them
absolutely flat at each end.  I am thinking this is a reasonable alternative
to wide strap when one must have the flexibility.

Keith NM5G