RE: [TowerTalk] Repetition

To: "'tmartin@chartermi.net'" <tmartin@chartermi.net>,Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Repetition
From: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:37:22 -0800

Finally, according to the SPG experts, I will need to spend $300 or more
to get all of the cables and wires coming into the house tied to one
ground panel.  The electrical entrance panel is at least 40 feet (the
other side of the house) from my shack entrance panel.  The entrance for
Telco and cable TV and internet is another 20 feet from the shack.  I
don't have the resources to tie all of these grounds together.  In my
next life I will build the perfect house for ham radio grounding.

Tom W8JWN

::Don't waste your time in the next life, Tom.  I've never lost a single
contact due to lack of a single point ground.  Most of the places I've
operated from, including award-winning M/M contest stations, didn't have any
sort of predictable grounds, and my favorite M/M location doesn't have a
ground rod anywhere on the property that I can find.  Funny how we manage to
win contests, anyway, and although lightning strikes the area constantly,
there has never been any equipment damage to date -- in more than twenty
years of having tall, multiple towers installed.  Save the next life for
having more fun than this one was.  (WB2WIK/6)