RE: [TowerTalk] Repetition

To: "'Towertalk Reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Repetition
From: "Keith Dutson" <kjdutson@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:47:10 -0600
Tom,

Point well taken on archives.  I looked them over myself when first joining
TT.

However, this reflector is, above all, a forum.  How do you think all of
that info in the archives got there in the first place?  The current list
members are "adding" to the depth of those archives.

Regarding the overkill of rotator systems, there is no harm done.  Folks are
relating their choice of rotators.  Some might speak badly about
brands/models that they have seen/used.  This is also useful information to
someone contemplating a purchase.  If that information seem speculative,
there is usually one or two posters who reveal their positive experiences.
If you do not agree with a post, just ignore it.

Regarding your Single Point Ground, don't sweat it unless you are in an area
that often gets hit by lightning.  Just do the best you can with what you
have.  If a bolt hits and destroys some of your favorite equipment, you
likely WILL make a big change in the design.

Respectfully,
Keith NM5G