Re: [TowerTalk] "Wire"less antenna connection

To: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-Online.Net>,"TOWERTALK" <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>,"Pete Smith" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Wire"less antenna connection
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:27:15 -0800
>From a technical standpoint, it actually might be easier to lightning
protect than the usual ham installation.  The electronics is fairly dense,
can be placed in a shielding metal box/shelter that is compact, and has
appropriate transient suppression, etc.  At least you don't have to worry
about induced voltage carried on transmission lines, etc.

As for whether fried equipment in a box at the tower is different than fried
equipment in your house making a difference for insurance... I have no idea.

Interesting aspect to the problem...