Re: RE : [TowerTalk] New FCC chariman needs to be a HAM!

To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: RE : [TowerTalk] New FCC chariman needs to be a HAM!
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:21:57 -0500
From: "W0UN -- John Brosnahan" <shr@swtexas.net>
To: "towertalk reflector" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Cc: "hermans" <on4kj@skynet.be>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 9:55 AM

> At 08:41 AM 1/22/2005, Alan NV8A (ex. AB2OS) wrote:
> >Probably for the same reason that US companies are, increasingly, run by
> >people who have no real knowledge of the company's products or production
> >processes. At the time of the Daimler/Chrysler merger, it was said that
> >wheras Daimler-Benz was run by engineers, Chrysler was run by "managers."
> >So in the US people can move from running a soft-drink co. to running a
> >computer co. or from running a car co. to running a breakfast cereal co.
> >to running an airline.
>

> Or, from running a baseball team to running the country.

Good point!  and we have seen how badly that concept has failed in the "real
world".

That's why I like owner operated businesses.  At least there is a better
chance
that the person you speak with will be competent and more interested.

Just imagine if all large companies and our government were run like small
businesses!

Back to blizzard preparations and pointing my antennas in the correct
direction.
Did we all agree that pointing the elements broadside to the wind was the
best strategy?

Bob KQ2M