[TowerTalk] plastic owls?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] plastic owls?
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:49:43 -0500
"Now, I KNOW I can google this thread and find the
answer", he said for purposes of newcomer instruction.

We tried 'em in gardens, we tried 'em on sailboats,
we tried 'em on yagis.  They all wound up covered in
bird poop.

I liked Doc's answer about leadership.  But I believe
that driving a technical organization for purposes of
establishing national policy ought to be reserved for someone
with at least a smattering of technical understanding.

But enough of this.  Bird poop on plastic owls.  Bird poop
on elected officials, and yes, appointed ones too.

But not a bit on my SteppIR yagi, with no owl involved.
Why do you s'pose that was?

n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org