[TowerTalk] Ferrite

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ferrite
From: Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 10:14:24 -0700
Some time ago I inquired about ferrite beads and was asked to report
my findings.  So here they are.

First I determined from many interviews that the new 31 material would
be superior to the typical 77 sold by most outlets.  This is was
because I wanted some impedance in the lower frequency ranges of
1-10mhz without sacrificing higher frequencies  where 77 and 73
materials offers none.

Then my search for a source of the material and I shopped till I
dropped and finally selected Mouser Electronics.  They even negotiated
their price on one of the beads to match a competitor and they were
the best by far on the other.

I purchased 100 each of the snap ferrite beads with holders 0431164281
(1/4" dia) and 0431164181 (1/2" dia).  The price was $1.31 and $2.29
respectively.  Just so you know the price on less than 10 is $2.18 and
$3.06 and 11-49 qty. $1.81 and $2.72.

--
Tnx es 73
Dick W7ZR