Re: [TowerTalk] TH7-DX Balun

To: "Byron Tatum" <bjtatum@ev1.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH7-DX Balun
From: "ChetMoore" <ChetMoore@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:50:00 -0500
Byron

The BN-86 has been around for 35+ years and was designed when we could only
run 1 KW.  Force
12 makes a 3 (b-12) and a 5 KW balun.  Radio works I think makes a 3 and a 5
K Balun.  If you are going
to be running 1.5 kw, then you might want something beefier.  With a trap
antenna, you have the possibility
of hi swr entering the mix if you get water and or insect nests built into
the traps.  The resulting hi swr
frequently manifests itself by heating and destroying the balun

W2GD once told me that a balun was just something else to GO WRONG and says
to make a
coax choke balun and never have to deal with "balun" problems ever.

chet N6ZO