Re: [TowerTalk] Matching Double Extended Zepp

To: k3lr@k3lr.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Matching Double Extended Zepp
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:41:22 -0500
I use EDZ's here for 30 and 40M.  Both are fed with balanced line and
tuned with either a Viking Matchbox or TT 238B.  Since I expect you're
going to use a tuner to go from balance to unbalanced, why do you care
at all about having 50 ohms impedance at balanced line input?  It'll be
different on the other bands anyway, if you use the antenna on bands
other than that for which it was designed.  I use each of mine on 80, 40
and 30M.

73, Joe