Re: [TowerTalk] Telex,Telrex,Telerex- etc ?

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Telex,Telrex,Telerex- etc ?
From: "RICHARD BOYD" <ke3q@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:08:21 -0500
Fixing one omission (though I noticed a few in re-reading this):

I meant to say people will see a big 20M Telrex and find it hard to believe
it's a 20.  It looks more like a 15 or 10.

Another phenomenon, true no doubt of all sorts of antennas, not just
Telrex -- have two identical antennas, one up high and one low and the one
low can look huge and the one up high looks normal.  It's hard to believe
they're the same antenna, even though you know the farther-away one will,
obviously, look smaller.  Even allowing for that, it doesn't seem right.

And people will see your high 10M beam and think it's a 6M beam.

73 - Rich, KE3Q