Re: [TowerTalk] amplifiers for phased arrays

To: 'Towertalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] amplifiers for phased arrays
From: Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:10:40 -0800
On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 12:08:39PM -0800, Jim Lux wrote:
> As for why "I" am doing this.. It's something I've been pursuing for the
> last 10 years, and is tangentially related to my professional work (the
> following links might work)
> http://rtd.jpl.nasa.gov/reports/rtd04/report.html
> http://rtd.jpl.nasa.gov/reports/rtd04/pdfs/R04026011.pdf  <<my work

Unfortunately, there is no response from that site.

Assuming from the URL that you have some NASA connection, you might be
able to locate some possibly relevant information on the phased arrays
used on the ATS-1 and -3 satellites.  I worked on the ATS-1 VHF repeater
and its 8-coaxial dipole cylindrical phased array at Hughes Aircraft
about 40 years ago but don't recall how much of the antenna details
ended up being documented in the reports which were submitted to NASA.

73, Bob N7XY