Re: [TowerTalk] phasing antennas

To: "Gregg Seidl" <k9kl@direcway.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] phasing antennas
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:51:52 -0500
> I have a fairly simple question but one I'm not familair
with at low vhf.I
> want to stack 2 6 meter beams using a stack-match.I
purchased a 100 foot
> peice of low-loss cable figuring I would cut it somewhere
in the middle then
> measure it to make sure they are both the same length.

How far apart are you putting the antennas?

Do you think it is
> wise to also put it on my mfj-269 and make sure they are
the same in
> wavelegths or is 6 meters low enough to not worry about
it.I know at 2
> meters and up you need to do that,just wondering about 6
meters.

I wouldn't think the Vf would vary much along a length of
cable. I've never found that to be true.

What kind of cable is it?

Are you sure the stack match works OK on six?